Saturday 9 March 2013



For Valentine’s Day I visited the Thai Thai restaurant in Sunway Pyramid along with my friend Mel.  Our choice of food was the Red curry, Green curry and rice. The meal was delicious and authentic it was spiced accordingly and nothing was overdone but even with all of this I would say the excessive price was unnecessary considering the service provided. However even though the prices were exorbitant the food was still up to par, everything tasted delicious and the ambiance was everything it needed to be for the occasion.




During our dining experience at Thai Thai my companion and I faced a number of difficulties, first the first waiter we had did not know English very well, because of this we had to give our order more than three times before a new waiter that we could communicate with was sent to us. Some of the things promised when the reservation was made were not followed through on such as the availability of wine, which they did not have, as well as a rose which the restaurant staff had assured me my valentine would get upon arrival at the restaurant, furthermore my reservation had complications and I was not sat at the table I had reserved. The table we were sat at was outside near a walkway so there were people walking around our table throughout the dinner, but towards the end of the night there were less people walking around our table and less people were seated outside this made the dinner end on a good note because it was more private.
The overall ambiance of the restaurant made me feel quite comfortable and at home, in fact it is what made the restaurant stand out from all the other ones around it. Because it was Valentine’s Day, the lights were dimmed, which was able to give a more romantic feel to every couple in the house. The restaurant was not overcrowded with people so I did not feel like I was right next to anyone else other than the person I was having dinner with.  It was a very romantic and relaxed ambiance which I think was the aim of the night. Because it was mostly couples in the house it was not too loud, I was able to have a conversation without the distraction of a lot of background noise. Towards the end of the dinner someone selling roses came around and I was able to buy a rose for my valentine something which I believe the restaurant set up, this made the experience a lot more enjoyable.



The overall night was a success, even though there were some ups and downs with my dining experience, and if little things were fixed here and there mainly in the service area. From my experience I would recommend Thai Thai restaurant Sunway Pyramid to anyone wanting to take a loved one out or even for group dining experience I do not believe they would be disappointed.



Ian Gachiengo Kagwi
Group: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment