Sunday 10 March 2013

Lunch At Pappa Rich



Lunch with my dad at Pappa Rich

Last weekend I had to come down to Sunway area for a visit with some family friends. In conjunction to that I have decided to do some all of a sudden shopping with my dad and the only attraction to that is Sunway Pyramid. So it was about 12 noon when we decided to have our lunch and after walking round and round we finally stopped at Pappa Rich with a very good solution for our arguments for looking for food in this country could be rather interesting because there is just too much to decide upon. In Pappa Rich they have the local cuisines and also western so that’s what made us choose that place.


















                                                   





So as we entered the restaurant, I have noticed several things like its cleanliness for a head start. The restaurant was clean but it had a slight odour of all the cooking in the kitchen the place wasn't really well equipped with a proper ventilation system. The second thing I observed was the lighting of the place, it was dimmed and therefore the place was cosy. So my dad chose to sit down and the furniture there was comfortable but the tables was arranged too close to each other so I think it was inconvenient for some of the customers because they had to stop their meals and move in order to let people pass through. At this time of around 1pm the restaurant was packed with people.




          
They have provided the menu on the table and there is a piece of paper and pencil because this restaurant has a very systematic way of placing your order. We just had the write down the coding’s of the food and beverage there is also a remark column for any remarks on your order, after that we just have to call the waiter and pass the paper and we were done with our order. It took about less than 15 minutes for the order to come and the smell of the food was really mouth-watering and it also looked very tempting. I ordered their famous Nasi Lemak with Rendang Ayam and my dad ordered Asam Laksa.





















                 
My plate of “Nasi Lemak” had the main items in a normal Nasi Lemak which is rice, fried anchovies, ground nuts, full boiled egg, cuts of cucumbers and lastly sambal. But this one had chicken rendang too in it and it was a terrific combination and it was very delicious although I am not really a fan of chicken rendang but I do love spicy food and this wasn’t really spicy I personally feel that it was overall a good meal as I really enjoyed the food. On the other hand, my dads bowl of “Asam Laksa” looked rather delicious too although I didn’t taste his food but I am sure he enjoyed his food.


For drinks I ordered nothing but a glass of plain ice water but my dad ordered a glass of ice coffee. It certainly tasted good.   





      We were done with our lunch in about an hour until we called for our bill. I was rather shocked when we received our bill  for it was over forty ringgit. I felt like it was too expensive for eating simple Malaysian food and having to pay that much of a price but then again I realised the location the atmosphere also the service they gave it was okay to pay that much. But my over all experience there was great there is nothing to shout out about it, they gave good food and service although it was cramped up but I assume that’s only during their peak hours. I would definitely come back here with friends or even family.


NAME              : DARNIYA PRABU
STUDENT ID  : 12084125
GROUP           : 5
SUBJECT       : BUSINESS COMMUNICATION




No comments:

Post a Comment